Not everyone is born with perfectly aligned teeth and gums. For some people, this can result in insecurities about their smiles. Fortunately, Invisalign braces in London are a discreet, efficient way of getting the smile you want.
Here are the things you need to know:
1. They are a plastic alternative to metal braces. Invisalign are clear plastic shells that go over your teeth. Your dentist changes the shell every so often to move your teeth to their desired places. Some treatments include clear attachments or brackets to help align the teeth. Adults usually prefer Invisalign as they aren’t as noticeable as metal braces.
2. You are required to wear your aligners for about 22 hours. Unlike metal braces, Invisalign is removable, so you don’t have to worry about food getting stuck while you eat. This also makes it easier to brush your teeth and keep your aligners clean.
3. At some point, it may affect your speech. This is noticeable most especially during the first few weeks you’ve worn them. However, once you get used to speaking with your braces on, you can overcome the lisp in no time. You just need to train yourself into wearing it while talking or speaking to anyone.
4. You may experience pain during the treatment. This is normal but if the pain becomes unbearable, tell your orthodontist about it. This is so they could give you pain medication or check whether something’s off or not.
5. You can see the results after a few months of using Invisalign. The treatment usually takes one to two years. More severe cases, however, can take longer. It is best to discuss the details of your treatment with your dentist before agreeing to anything.
Aside from regaining the confidence to smile, having aligned teeth can also improve your overall oral health. Invisalign is an excellent choice for those looking for an alternative to clunky metal braces. Just make sure you know how to take care of them and as always, listen to what your dentist has to say before making any big decisions.